Easy ways to protect your home
Insurance companies are a good source of information on security in your home. Read the list from Suncorp Insurance.
- key-operated two-cylinder deadlocks fitted to all external hinged doors and/or
- key-operated lock or patio bolts fitted to all external sliding doors
- key-operated single cylinder window locks fitted to all accessible windows
- security grills or security screens fitted to all accessible windows
- local type burglar alarm system installed in the home
- Always lock all outside doors and windows when you go out, even if you are only going to be away for 10 minutes.
- Lock your external garage or garden shed with a quality key-operated lock or padlock.
- If you go out at night, leave some internal lights and a radio on.
- Trim trees and shrubs around windows.
- Do not leave keys hidden outside your house.
- If you are in the garden or watching TV, lock up parts of the house you can't keep an eye on.
- Lock away ladders, garden tools and bicycles.
- If you have a lot of jewellery, valuable documents, cash or other negotiable items, consider installing a safe or a burglar alarm.
- Never leave notes for people telling them you are out and when you will be back.
- garage doors and windows are closed when you are in another part of the house and secured and locked when you are out
- windows and sliding doors in bedrooms and the kitchen are closed and properly secured when you are away from home
DIY Security Packages
Created especially for the home use these packages come with all the equipment and most importantly instructions and our hotline for any problems.